Wednesday, July 13, 2011

my fate

I have more or less come to grips with my fate. It isn't pleasant, but here is my understanding.

Whether or not I will recover I will continue to live my life as planned, although I accept there will be limitations and extreme suffering inherent in the process. I will suspend my disbelief with regards to recovery and enter into this pursuit optimistically, even though there will be times of remarkable despair. Ideally I will emerge from this process more empowered than I have ever been, having literally faced death. Furthermore I have come to grips with my own death and welcome it if it must come, however I am by no means seeking it out of convenience. As it stands, I resolve to act as heroically as possible given my present circumstances.

Amor Fati

No comments:

Post a Comment